Basis Technologies is a provider of automation software for continuous SAP application delivery, digital transformation, and test automation. All products are focused on SAP applications.
Founded in 1997, the company is a focused innovator that develops automation software to enable the adoption of DevOps and Agile practices for global organizations running SAP. They utilize our DevOps suite to accelerate and automate the delivery of high-quality software, eliminating the dependence on headcount-driven activities and substantially reducing human errors that lead to costly and reputation-damaging system outages.
Concurrently, large enterprises also leverage our patented digital transformation tools to consolidate their substantial ERP systems footprint, thus enabling a nimbler IT ecosystem while reducing licensing and maintenance costs.
Basis Technologies derives its revenue from a portfolio of more than 150 large enterprise customers primarily across Europe and North America.
As a market leader in DevOps and test automation for SAP, demand for our products continues to grow. We are an established business with a global customer base, and this is an excellent opportunity to join a company during an exciting growth phase and enjoy a fully supported career.
Overview of the Role
- As Head of Development you will be responsible for leading our globally distributed team of developers who build software around our certified SAP solutions suite.
- The growing team to be managed (currently c. 25 developers) is located in UK, US, Germany, Hungary, Australia and India.
- The team is organised around product outcomes following the principles of Agile, Scrum & Kanban. You will work together with the Scrum Masters to foster high-functioning agile teams.
- You will work closely with the developers, motivate them and be their advocate.
- You will work in partnership with other Organisational Leads, Product Owners, and key stakeholders.
Position within the Organization
The Head of Development reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Owner of the Development processes
- Define/Maintain/Document/Train/Monitor Processes
- Drive improvements in software engineering practices and tools
- Harmonise the development process to new teams and projects
- Migration team documents from Google Drive to SharePoint
- Maintain SharePoint Team page
- Own the team’s objectives, goals, strategies, and measures (OGSM) and ensure the team are motivated and equipped to achieve them
- Responsible for the goal setting, performance appraisal, mentoring, training, and career development of the technical staff at various levels of experience
- ensure the team are on track for their personal KPIs which are set according to Roles and Levels and maintained in a Skills Matrix
- be comfortable with our current technologies and be aware of new and upcoming technologies,
- know when there are gaps in your team’s knowledge and train or recruit to fill them
- Recruitment: - interviewing, hiring, onboarding, including liaising with our partners and external recruiters
- Day-to-day people management
- Communications, cascading communication down and sharing information and reports to Management
- Other duties may be assigned
Essential Skills and Attributes
- At least eight years working experience in a technical field at least two of which were managing a software development team of at least 10 people, preferably in SAP
- Experience of working with Agile Methodology using Kanban, Scrum
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal skills, an empathic motivator
- Fluent written and spoken English
Other desirable skills
- SAP ABAP development
Education and Training
- General degree or equivalent/recognized professional qualifications
What we offer
- The chance to join a market-leading, vibrant technology business that is growing rapidly, working with some of the most innovative products, clients and partners in the world
- Competitive salary package and bonus
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday per year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Global Flexibility (up to 1 month per year)