The role reports to the Global Support Manager and is extremely varied, best suited to someone with a ‘sleeves rolled up’ mentality, an appetite for multi-tasking, teamwork, and the drive to get involved and achieve results.
Our team is highly customer-focused with day-to-day responsibility for developing, testing, and supporting software around our certified SAP solutions suite. It will also involve remotely supporting our Delivery Team on product installations with customers. All developers are expected to support their peers with code reviews and constructive feedback.
Working with customer representatives at many different levels, you will need to be comfortable with both technical subject matter and the ‘bigger picture’ business issues that drive change.
As a SAP ABAP Development and Support Specialist for Basis Technologies, you will be responsible for supporting our global customer base through a variety of mediums.
- Provide customer support for existing customers and products. Involves support ticket management, handling, analysis, problem solving and debugging, often via remote connection to a customer’s SAP systems.
- Flexibility to operate outside core business hours where needed
- Working independently as an SAP Developer to Design, develop and test SAP product enhancements and bug fixes as per agreed plans and deadlines (using Agile development methodologies)
- Act as subject matter expert on the use and configuration of the Basis Technologies DevOps Toolset across a variety of business scenarios
What we’re looking for:
A summary of the skills and attributes that we are looking for is as follows:
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills (Fluent in English)
- 3-6 years of SAP ABAP experience
- Works well under pressure, and comfortable working alone when necessary while maintaining their attitude and aptitude
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Confident, highly motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter
- Ability to influence others by asking Probing questions or Open-ended/Closed-ended questions, etc.
- Soft Skills: Empathize with our Customer
- Understanding Active Listening and being able to apply it
- Ability to teach complex topics remotely, via tools like WebEx, Teams
- Quick & Willing learner – Technical, as well as business knowledge
- Must be flexible and able to manage their time effectively
- Ability to communicate at a technical as well as business level
- Ability to simplify complex problems and effectively articulate a solution
- Good O365/MS office skills, Zendesk & JIRA knowledge a plus
The following technical skills and attributes are also required:
- Strong SAP application development from basic ABAP through advanced technologies with excellent Debugging Skills
- Expertise in conducting fault isolation and the diagnosis and remediation of code issues in an SAP landscape
- Change management: Transports and source code control
- Ability to dissect application issues at the application layer
- RFCs/BADIs/BAPIs/Proxy & UI5 Web Components
- Hands-on ABAP OOP, & User exits/enhancements
- Dialog programming and Report writing using ALV and ABAP lists
- Knowledge of SAP-centric software product lifecycles
- Use of structured methodologies in software development lifecycle
- Should have good knowledge in Performance tuning, Data Dictionary Concepts, Queries optimizations’
Other Highly desirable skills include:
- SAP ISU knowledge
- SAP Fiori or UI5 Web Components knowledge
- SAP HANA knowledge
- SAP Web UI development experience (BSP, WebDynpro)
- ABAP Unit Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Administering and troubleshooting Windows and web applications
What we offer:
- The chance to join a market-leading, vibrant technology business that is growing rapidly
- Working with some of the most innovative clients and partners in the world
- Very competitive salary package and annual bonus